Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Whoo Could Be Cuter Than Me?

After accidentally tossing all of this week's ammo, I had to sift through the recycling and rescue it all. That's when I came across this horror doll, ironically named Whoo Could Be Cuter Than Me? It seems that Harry Potter has killed his pet owl and reconfigured the creature into a hat.

This baby is "fully sculpted to capture a baby's irrisistible chubbiness." They spelled irresistible wrong, by the way, if you hadn't noticed. Also, "with his lips adorably pursed to imitate an owl, this little guy is truly a hoot". Chubbiness and owl imitation are not things I normally associate with cute.

This doll is the first in a collection titled "Wild About You", from The Ashton- Drake Galleries. Great. More dolls that "imitate favorite animal friends".

To build some suspense, I ask you to guess the price of this doll. Winner will get bragging rights to exercise whenever they wish on this blog. No peeking on The Ashton- Drake website! I will reveal the cost and the winner next week. T0 be a proper contender when you comment, be sure to not sign in anonymous, for obvious reasons. Here's a hint: guess a larger amount than what you would pay.

4 comments:

  1. Looks a little like Senator Mitch McConnell, Senate Minority Leader, after a day of negotiating on the Debt Ceiling. Maybe all he needs is a wizardly owl hat to seal the deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they got their inspiration from the movie Tropic Thunder. I keep thinking of Ben Stiller wearing the dead panda head when I look at this owl doll. Click on Ben Stiller Photo for a look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing $110.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The correct price was $40. Thank you for guessing!

    ReplyDelete