Sunday, August 7, 2011

Himalayan Salt Lamp


Today is Sunday, which means that there are lots of new ads, or as I like to call them, "ammo." I am starting things this week with this Himalayan Salt Lamp from Figi's Gallery, a company I have never heard of before. Apparently they offer things for the home and gifts. The salt lamp is for the home, apparently. It is not a normal lamp, but a "therapeutic lamp." It "calms the spirit." Cue snort under breath. It also "reduces stress", of course, because nothing makes me feel calm like a big orange piece of salt that has been made into a lamp. If those exciting features aren't enough for you, then you will be delighted to hear that this product also "emits negative ions to purify the air."

The ad includes a review from "Teresa M." from Texas. She gives it 5 stars, writing, "Not only is it a beautiful piece... it puts off a very warming glow. I love it and am ordering another one." Good for you, Teresa. But who am I to judge? Isn't the purpose of a lamp to provide light and comfort? If this jazzy salt lamp does its job for Teresa, than that's good enough for me.

Not really. I am very suspicious of this "Teresa M." I do not believe she is a real reviewer. I will investigate this. :-)

Postscript!: Figi's Gallery offers FOUR salt lamps! One is the classic one shown above, but they also have an aromatherapy salt lamp, a salt bowl lamp, and a salt candle holder!

2 comments:

  1. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! best salt lamps

    ReplyDelete