Wednesday, June 29, 2011

O! Say Can You See


O! "Wearing a fancy red, white and blue gown and matching chapeau, this beautiful Victorian lady is dressed in her patriotic best and embodies the very spirit of all- American pride."

The whole Thomas Kinkade enterprise makes me just shake my head with disbelief. Why do people go crazy for stuff done by the "Painter of Light?" (I want a catchy title like that. What should it be?) I can't see why people would want "artwork" by the man whose works include light up forest scenes and snow globe trains.

So, what do you think of this patriotic lady? I think she would look a little out of place, even in the Victorian Era. But you can't blame her. Thomas Kinkade is the one who dressed her.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I agree with everything you say (almost :-)). Anyway, Happy 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete