Friday, June 17, 2011

The First Lady of Fashion


Today I'm sharing my personal favorite of the week, The First Lady of Fashion Elongated Ornament Collection. These Christmas ornaments (again, another Christmas tchotchke being sold in June) "showcase Mrs. Obama's wardrobe, elongated to highlight the flow and grace the First Lady Brings to everything she wears." Oh, they're elongated? I just thought Michelle Obama had 6 foot legs....
You can currently buy "Set One." Set One comes with 3 ornament doll creatures. The set is $60. I'm sorry, but $60 for creepy ornaments that will cause nightmares and wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat?
The 3 mini- Michelles are dressed in three different outfits! One has a red dress, titled "Dining in Style." The second has a champagne colored dress, titled "Dinner with Dignitaries." The third is in blue, and is "In Vogue."
To me, these dolls showcase what The Bradford Exchange is all about. People may call this stuff treasure, but I'd have to disagree...
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment